Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mmmm cheese sticks!

Decided to break down and make some cheese sticks at home for Maxwell like the pizzerias serve. Actually all 3 of us devoured this super fast! It's that good.

I don't have a pizza stone but I'd read a tip on Pinterest to just use the backside of a sheet pan. Worked like a charm.

I don't have the time/energy these days to make my own dough- I just buy the pre-made dough at Trader Joe's.

Pre-heat your oven to 500*F.

Make your own dough or use the ready made stuff like me. If your dough is chilled, let the dough get close to room temp. (~20 min) Spread out and roll it to your desired shape and thickness.

Place it on your pizza stone/pan.

Take a couple (2) tablespoons of butter and melt in the microwave. Add some finely minced garlic if you like that. Spread it over the entire pizza dough- including the crust.

Add equal parts of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. I purchased the pre-shredded low skim mozzarella and parm from Trader Joe's while I was there. I used probably 1 1/2-2 cups each.

Place it in your oven for 10-13 min. Check to see when the cheese is gold n bubbly. Take it out, slice and enjoy.
Sorry, I can't get blogger to turn the picture correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...