Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Yummy Teriyaki

I moved here from Seattle. There are tons and tons of teriyaki shops around there - here not so much. We have kabobs.

So, in the spirit of wanting some yummy food, I went in search of a great teriyaki recipe. I adapted a friend's recipe (thanks Elbe and Jill) and here we go!

The cast of characters:
1C Soy Sauce
1C water
1-2 shakes rice vinegar
1C brown sugar
2-3 cloves garlic, minced/crushed
1-2 tsp crushed ginger (I cheated)

Add to a bowl and whisk until the brown sugar is completely dissolved.

Ta-Da!

Feel free to adjust the basic recipe to tweak your personal desired flavor!

You can simmer this on the stove for a lil while and make a thicker finishing sauce as well.

I keep mine stored in the fridge so it's always ready when I need a quick and yummy dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...