Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving with Mr Man


For our first Thanksgiving with Mr Man we went over to Sam's brother's house. What a blessing it was to not have to cook this year. :)

My dad, stepmom, stepbrother and grandfather came with us. Here's the four generations pic we took:In addition to his brother's family, there was Sam's mom and his sister's family. That meant 10 kiddos including Mr Man. What a large group, but it was a really great time. We're very grateful to them for hosting all of us.

Thanksgiving also meant the end to my post-birth helpers. Serious sad face here. Both my mom and stepmom (Lulu) were great and I'm not sure how we would have gotten through the first 3 weeks with Mr Man without their help. They cooked, they cleaned, they shopped, they lifted things for me and did pretty much everything around the house. Both of them pretty much kept us all alive and well for those first few weeks. I'm so incredibly grateful for them and the advice and lessons in parenting they gave Sam and I. I swear Lulu is the baby whisperer. Truly, she's amazing.

To mom and Lulu - I love you both. Sam and I are grateful for you both and the love and kindness you give.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...