Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cleaning!

So this morning Mr Man took a nice long nap which allowed me to take a nice long shower and clean the bathroom. You'd think something as simple as cleaning the bathroom would be sorta blah and not post worthy, but I'm a gal who likes to have a sparkly clean bathroom! And I'm really particular about my cleaning products.

For those of you who are like uber "Eco" this and Eco that...shoo! This ain't the post for you (or the blog for you for that matter!).

But I'm also mildly OCD and like to clean. I also like doing dishes. And laundry. I just don't always have the time or energy to do all that I *want* to do these days.

So over the last few years I've really narrowed down a few of my favorite cleaning products. These are the staples I use daily and keep my house sparkly clean and keep the germs away!

1. Lysol disinfecting wipes.  Thank you Lysol for this godsend of a product.

If you go into any bathroom in my house - there is a bottle in each one. I use them mostly as the toilet seat/tank cleaner. That way, no yucky sponge to have to keep just for that nasty task.

They're also great for quick wipe-downs/spills in the kitchen.

Or cleaning up cat poop off the floor in the basement bathroom.

Sorry but ya'll know it happens when after a week and papa-bear still hasn't cleaned out their litter box. (I refuse to- they're his cats and therefore the litter box is his duty!!)

2. Clorox Clean-Up

This is my go-to cleaner for the kitchen and the bathroom sinks.

3. Arm & Hammer Scrub Free

This is the best cleaner I've found for the shower. It gets rid of the soap scum on the glass surround in our shower. I've never seen something work so good. I just spray it on the glass doors/tile walls and turn the water on to get hot. I like showering in a clean shower, so I grab a sponge and get in, give a quick wipe to the doors/walls and then shower myself. Its a lot easier all around and when I get out - there isn't a soap scum spot on the doors at all. Its really great!

4. Scotch Brite - No Scratch sponges

These are the blue ones and the ONLY sponges I use. They last for ages, don't scratch anything (I use a lot of non-stick bake ware and bone chine and these are awesome on those) and clean everything great! I'm hooked for LIFE!

5. The Dyson Slim

I got this vacuum shortly after moving here. For two reasons.

One I'm allergic to Sam's 2 cats and want to clean up as much hair as possible. I vacuum every 2-3 days. I also want something easy to carry up and down our tri-level house.

Two - I hate buying filters for a vacuum.

Here's my pet peeve. I had a great vacuum a few years ago from Hoover. There was nothing wrong with it at all. I used it for 2-3 years then I started noticing it was harder and harder to find the HEPA filters (it was a bagless cyclonic, so no bag worries there). I noticed that the 'latest and greatest' took a different kind of filter and that was all the stores were carrying. So, either start ordering the filters online (because I literally could not find a store within a reasonable distance who carried the filters) or get a new vacuum.

I chose the latter. I don't have to worry about any of that anymore. I get a great vacuum and don't have to buy anything else for it...ever! (well, I suppose unless we break something and need a replacement part.)

6. Lysol disenfecting spray

I use this mostly now for the trash cans and especially the diaper pail! Keeps it clean and smelling good :)



So that's it. That's my list of my favorite cleaning products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...