Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Still waiting

I've spent the last few days with contractions - today nearly all day long. But they're on/off and not worth calling the doctor about. Boy do they wear me out!

Let me say that being able to work from home has been such a blessing. I can work when I have the energy and nap when I don't. I can also be OCD about stuff to finish before Mr Man arrives too! Oddly I find that I'm even more productive working from home than I was at the office. Who woulda thunk it?!
I talked with work and after maternity leave I'll be still working (albeit part-time instead of full-time) but will be at home 100% so that I can be a full time mommy to Mr Man. I'm very thankful for where I work and the people I work with that I can have this flexibility.

I must say, I resisted Facebook for years. I'm still not a huge fan - however I will give credit where credit is due. It has enabled me to reconnect with more than a few old friends and that's a good thing! Its so interesting to me, after being out of the loop the last few years, to see what people are up to, who is married, who has kids (and how many!), who is living where, etc. Its been so fun to read and see. I still like sending snail mail and cards however - to me there's such a sense of joy to open up the mail box and find amongst all the junk mail and bills a card/letter. So any friends out there, if you want to update me with your mailing address (hey include birthday/anniversary info) I'll send snail mail too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...