Saturday, March 27, 2010

Heartache

Don't worry nothing is wrong at our house. However after reading some blogs (and many, many Kleenex's for all the tears I shed) and such I stumbled upon this charity Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep (NILMDTS).

I am in awe of what they do. I had no idea that something like that was available.

To those who don't see it right away - basically they are a volunteer organization of photographers all across America who at short notice can and will go to hospitals to photograph very premature and/or otherwise dying newborns and their families. These are babies who are stillborn or have genetic diseases or other medical complications which will take their life in a matter of hours or days. These wonderful people go in, at no cost to the families, and photograph the most precious lives in the most tender way possible so that the families have pictures to remember their sons and daughters by. And then they send the pictures on CD/DVD to the families so that they can reprint or view them whenever they like.

My heart goes out to all these families. After my miscarriage, I lived in fear every day that something bad would happen to Mr Man while I was pregnant. I can only say, I'm so incredibly thankful that nothing happened with Mr Man while I was pregnant nor with him after he was born.

I do want to spread the good news about this wonderful organization in whatever way I can because what these families have to endure is so terrible and what this organization can do for them is so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...