Saturday, September 3, 2011

Curry Chicken

Tonight I decided to make some curry chicken. I'd seen a recipe I liked but knew I would need to tweak it for our family.

So here's what you need:



chicken (I used 2 ginormous breasts) and cut them into small chunks
onion - 1 med, chopped
curry powder
salt'n'peppa
red pepper - not pictured
veg. oil
coconut milk (1 can, I only used a wee tad bit) - not pictured
heavy cream - not pictured

First thing is that after you've chopped the chicken into bite sized chunks, add about 1 TB or so of the curry powder (can be more or less, depending on your taste) and the onions and a smallish drizzle of oil. Mix them well and let them sit for a couple minutes.

Chop up the red pepper. Place the chicken mixture in a pan with the red pepper and cook thoroughly.



Once the chicken has cooked fully, add in some (or all) of the Coconut Milk. I used perhaps less than 1/4 cup. I also added just a few splashes of heavy cream.

My husband Sam doesn't really like soupy stuff (unless it is a soup) and also that entire can of coconut milk is like 75 grams of fat. Heh. No thanks, we just needed something to cut the curry a bit, nothing crazy. So that's why I did the coconut milk/heavy cream combo.

Let the cream sauce come to a brief boil and then reduce the heat. You could let it go a bit longer or serve immediately.



Normally I'd say put this over some rice, but as neither Sam or Max would eat rice, I didn't make any. We ate ours just like so.



While I was cooking, Max kept busy by doing his letters/sounds. He'd use the little 'computer' to play the letter/sound then he'd repeat it. Often he'd run over to me and then tell/show me which letter he had.

He came up with this little idea all on his own and it was quite good. We can now add the letter 'V' to his known list! He's working on 'U' next!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...