Saturday, April 17, 2010

He did it!

My little man rolled over today! A couple times.

Yippee!! Can you tell I am so proud?!

He's still a little unsure of himself but he can do it.

I first noticed it this morning. I had set him down on his tummy to play and went back to working on some things for work. I then looked over at him and he was on his back and smiling at me.  Dang! I missed it! :(

Later, after Sam came home we took him into the living room and played. Sure enough he rolled over a couple times for us.
He's so cute when he does it. He rocks side to side and then sort-of heaves himself over. Takes a bit of effort on his part but he can do it.

I have also decided I'm a wuss when it comes to nighttime wakings and feedings. My heart aches when I hear him cry. I let him sort of cry and try to get himself back to sleep tonight after he woke. After about 5-7 minutes of his fussing, I went and picked him up. Within seconds of being in my arm he was asleep. He woke when I went to lay him down again - so I nursed him a little. Afterwords, he went down easy.  I'm sure at some point I'll have to stop, but I can't just do that to a 5 month old. I'll just go with my heart and my instinct on this one. As much as I'd love to sleep the night through - I care about his well-being more. Sleep will come, in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...