Sunday, May 2, 2010

6 Months

Today is Mr. Man's 6 month birthday! (well at 10:26pm tonight, technically)

My how time flies. I can't believe its been 6 months already. It seems like yesterday we brought him home from the hospital.

I tell him all the time to stay this little. It won't happen, of course, but a girl can dream!
That way mommy can always hold him, protect him, snuggle with him.
Right now he is perfect. He only knows love, kindness, smiles and good things. Like any parent, we don't want our children to experience hurt, anger, sadness, loss and all the other things that also come along in life. The opposite of love.

Yet as much as I want to keep him a baby forever, I'm so excited each day as he gets older and I get so tickled watching him learn and grow.

I love the expressions on his face as he concentrates on spinning his whirly-gigs on his saucer, remembering how to jump in his bouncer and figuring out that his toys make sounds. I love seeing the delight on his face when he finds his feet and can re-stuff them back in his mouth. Or when I come in to get him after he wakes up - oh the pure joy and smiles he gives.

No matter how tired I am, cranky, sad, happy or busy- his little gummy smile puts one right on my face. Joy and laughter abound when I'm with Mr. Man.

Everyone who sees him when we're out comments on what a delightful and smiley guy he is. And he is. He is pure bliss.

When I first met Sam, I was so thankful and felt so blessed. I wasn't sure life could be better. But I'm telling you - this little guy, he makes every day perfect and whole. He may be 6 months old, but he has taught me so much already. He gives me strength, energy, joy and pure love.

Life is perfect. Happy 6 month birthday my love. I can't wait to see you in the morning and every day after that as you grow.

Also found some video I took and strung it all together. Not professional by any means, but it'll do.



Also, because its cute. Yep that's my boy this week falling asleep in the Jumparoo. Tuckered himself out.


And because I forgot to post up some Easter shots, here you go:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...